Halifax Hearth is working to place out a blaze at an under-construction residence constructing within the 300 block of Larry Uteck Boulevard.
Movies and images posted to social media Friday morning present a cloud of thick, gray smoke rising from the roof of the constructing.
“Our firefighters are simply on the roof now, they’ve encountered roofing materials that’s on hearth,” deputy hearth chief Dave Meldrum advised World Information simply after 10 a.m.
“It seems that it’s not prone to unfold, and so they’re simply within the course of now of stretching hose traces to assault that fireplace.”
He stated it’s too early to take a position on causes, although there aren’t any reported accidents right now.
In a launch, Halifax Regional Police stated Larry Uteck Boulevard is closed from the intersection of Starboard Drive to Southgate Drive.
“Motorists are suggested to keep away from this space and search alternate routes,” it stated.